Positive Approaches to creating Personal Space:
- being open with colleagues about your need, at times, for privacy and solitude
- identifying somewhere appropriate where you can create some
personal space when you need to.
- booking meeting rooms for quiet work.
- making time to ‘go off’ somewhere else to think in isolation, even if
only for a short while.
- recovering from stressful situations by creating a sort of retreat - but
resisting the urge to make a dash for it mid-confrontation
- recognising team members’ needs for occasional solitude and enabling
them to have it too
- using the space available to you, effectively, to create time to think and
- ensuring that you have a good means of retreat in your home
- keeping weekends and evenings free from work
- working from home when possible.